Sunday, September 14, 2014

Vilnius 1939






I've been pretty busy lately and was unable to update this blog but I'm back!
Today I'm gonna post a registered mail used in 1939 during the last stage of the Polish occupation within Wilno (now Vilnius, Lithuania).  It has been sent from the post office Wilno 6 to Wilno 1. It has a nice arrival cancellation of Wilno 1 on the back. The sender's address is actually not in Wilno but in Widze (now Відзы/Vidzy, Belarus) which was also part of Wilno region at that time.

2 comments:

  1. You have big collection of stamps. I invite you to my blog - you can see my postcards and stamps collection :)

    http://kingway007.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kingway!
      Your blog looks very nice as well. I will be visiting regularly.

      Delete