Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anykščiai 1912



A postal stationery sent from Оникшты/Onikshty (now Anykščiai, Lithuania), Ков (Kovna/Kaunas Gubernia) to Hannover, Germany. The date is pretty interesting, it has been sent on december 12th, 1912 which makes 12.12.12 on the cancellation. Anykščiai is town in north eastern part of Lithuania with a population of little over 10000. The neo-gothic church of St. Matthias (Šv. Mato bažnyčia) in Anykščiai is known for being the tallest church in the country.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Prahanoaki,

    I greatly admire your blog and dedication you put into it. I wanted to ask if it would be possible to email you a postcard that was sent to Vilnius in 1912. I was hoping you could help me shed more light to it. Thank you, Greta Ps. I could not find your email address. You can contact me at gretaroze@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot Lietuva, for your compliment. I have sent an email to your address. Let me know if there is anything you would like to know, I will be glad to help you!

    ReplyDelete